Forest and Wood Products Sector RD&E Forum
The forest and wood products sector RD&E forum has been established to address the RD&E needs of this primary industry sector.
Chairmanship of the Forum rotates between the three main groups within the forum (funders, providers, and users) annually, and a part-time co-ordinator is employed to service the needs of the Forum.
The Forum’s role is to:
- Continue to develop and implement the forest and wood products sector national RD&E strategy
- Provide a national forum for consultation, communication and coordination between the sector’s RD&E funders and providers
- Provide input to FFPC, the Minister’s Forest and Wood Products Council, PISC, the Rural Research and Development Council, and other forums relevant to RD&E
- Monitor and work to maintain forest and wood products sector RD&E capability, investment and cost-effectiveness
- Review, on an ongoing basis, common priorities for RD&E in the sector
- Communicate RD&E outcomes to policy makers and the general public
- Ensure communication between other primary industry sectors on RD&E priorities, particularly with respect to farm forestry